RTSMTOWYH Chapter 4 p2 Summary, Review & Key Moments
RTSMTOWYH Chapter 4 p2 Summary and Review
In Chapter 4 Part 2 of RTSMTOWYH, the tension continues to build as An Yi’s situation in the capital becomes more complex. Her encounter with Emperor Feng Zhao Wen leaves behind lingering questions, with subtle reactions and unspoken details hinting at something deeper beneath the surface.
As the scene unfolds, the atmosphere grows heavier. Small gestures, expressions, and dialogue begin to reveal underlying emotions and possible connections that are not yet fully explained. This part focuses less on action and more on the psychological tension between the characters.
Below is a full summary, key highlights, and my personal analysis to help you better understand this continuation of Chapter 4.
This Chapter 4 p2 summary also explores developing character dynamics and subtle clues that may play an important role in the chapters ahead.
“Nowadays, the world is at peace. All the rivers and mountains within thousands of miles are in your majesty’s palm. This servant is like the meat on your chopping board. Even if Your Majesty were to put this humble one in a pot to boil, stew, or fry, who would be courageous enough to say half a word of refusal?”
The saying “throwing the helve after the hatchet” is probably talking about me. Thinking that great Chen has already been destroyed, I ought to feel mournful at heart. Presently, however, not only do I not feel mournful, but my heart is full of joy. You, wretched dynasty, have finally ended! At last, this great one no longer has to hide my head and show my tail.
When Great Chen still existed and the vassal states were divided, Xiao Huang would sleep deeply every day, saliva flowing until long. My father sparred with Yan Ping‘s father until it became a situation of you-die-or-I-die. For each wanting to become the assistant chancellor, all 18 martial methods were used. Yan Ping‘s father can be regarded as capable of at least giving birth to a son, a person to succeed the family line. My father alone had no son but also had to attend the celebration. Unable to swallow this mouthful of anger, he insisted on raising me, this little girl, as a son. A female disguising herself with men’s clothes isn’t easy!
During that time, I indeed lived very exhaustively. Every day, while accompanying Xiao Huang and admiring Yan Ping, that splendid youth, my every action carried with it the reputation of homosexuality. It was really very miserable.
Now I don’t have to hide my head and show my tail. I work in the countryside every day. My clothes are patched layer by layer. I look like a beggar, but I feel that this life is very satisfying.
He smiled slightly. I felt that if that year, when Great Qi and Great Chen‘s conflict was like wildfire, he had stood in front of both armies and smiled like this, Great Chen would definitely not have resisted. A hundred thousand soldiers would all have thrown down their armor! Isn’t the killing intent in this smile a bit too keen?
“An Yi, since you realize you are meat on the cutting board, you better be honest.”
Just because I'm honest doesn't mean I'm stupid! As the Emperor of the Great Qi said this, he stepped down from the throne, took my head, which had not been bathed for half a month and was knotted, into his arms, and held it tightly with enough strength to strangle me to death.
I was trembling in my heart, and I dared not move. I just felt that this embrace was very hot. I struggled again and again, but he held my head tightly with his big hand and then took my whole body into his arms. I was so frightened that I froze. This great Qi country’s emperor’s tastes are a bit too special. I recalled that during that year’s conflict, I was captured by him, and with my entire body also covered in dust and the stink of sweat, I was pulled into his embrace. Afterwards… It’s best not to mention the things that happened afterward.
Don’t tell me that nowadays, the imperial concubines of Great Qi‘s imperial harem all have to be battered, exhausted, and filthy to provoke his majesty in the emperor’s favor. Actually, I still didn’t dare to ask this question.
After a while, he expressionlessly pushed me away and shouted.
“Come, take her down to baht.”
Turning his head, he gave me two words, “Too stinky!” and then went back to sit upon the imperial seat.
I… Did I tell you to hug me? As someone under another’s roof, however, I had no choice but to bow my head.
From the doorway, two palace maids entered. I raised my head to look at his majesty, the great Qi emperor, and gave a flattering smile. The only thing missing was some drool.
“Your Majesty, you smell very good!”
Those two palace maids stared at me blankly, their faces maintaining a look of astonishment. He had just lifted his cup for a sip of tea. With a pu sound, it spurted out. Luckily, I was far away, and only the long table was spurted upon.
Ah, what an unfortunate calamity for the files on top. Perhaps tomorrow, when the officials under him receive files that have been spat on by his majesty the Emperor until their original form is unrecognizable, will they spend several sleepless nights in fear and trepidation? After all, this person’s vengeful heart has always been comparatively profound.
I was taken by the palace maids to a bathing hall. I was cleanly washed in the steaming hot water of the white marble pool, dressed entirely in a light blue woman’s outfit, and then delivered to Zhong Hua Palace.
Actually, I am very familiar with the path between the bathing hall and Zhong Hua Palace. Three years ago, Xiao Huang bathed here every day. And I stood guard outside the door. I’ve slept at Zhong Hua Palace many times. Every day, Xiao Huang would be unable to finish his schoolwork. He would sleep while I stayed up all night writing in his place. If not, when the grand tutor found the homework to be unfinished the next morning, I, this study companion, would unluckily take a beating. So I fell asleep while writing, and when I woke up I found myself on Xiao Huang’s dragon bed.
Honestly speaking, Feng Zhao Wen is an odd emperor. He’s lived in Zhong Hua Palace for over two years now, but this place is surprisingly nearly the same as before. At most, there was the addition of a few books. It seemed as if nothing else had been improved upon.
At this moment, he was sitting behind the writing desk. Noticing my arrival, he raised his head and gave me a glance before lowering it to read reports. The sunlight from outside the palace was unbelievably strong.
I bathed cleanly, and although the clothes I wore were a bit more feminine, they were comfortable. The palace maids following from behind suddenly all retreated. How was this anything like treatment for a prisoner? Seeing that a plate of pastries had been placed on the palace hall’s round table,
I stealthily and slowly walked over, extending my evil clutches toward that plate of pastries. The course of events was very thrilling. Feng Zhao Wen coughed once, and I immediately retracted my claws, pretending to look around, giving off the image of a country bumpkin’s first time entering the palace. Adorning this image was indeed a bit difficult.
When this great one, in those days, was calling wind and sending waves here, tricking the child emperor, and bullying the palace maids, I never had this image.
As a person under another’s roof, though… A person under another’s roof… At last, I fished the plate of pastries into my bosom, turned my body so that my back faced him, and fed myself a big mouthful of pastry. The pastry was extremely tasty but a bit dry.
Just when I was regretting it, a cup of hot tea was given to me from the side. I took it and drank a big gulp, grabbing another pastry while conveniently passing back the cup.
“Give me another cup.”
I took another bite of pastry and suddenly realized something. This palace hall currently only has two people. One person was me. The other person… His Majesty, the great Qi emperor, Feng Zhao Wen... I buried my face in the pastry dish, repenting deeply.
Father has once said that even when a tiger is eating meat, it still leaves one eye to take note of whether or not the surroundings have any danger. Father has also once said, “The imperial court is a place full of beasts. If it isn’t you tearing me to shreds, it’s me ripping your throat out.”
Oh, Father, your daughter is ashamed of your teachings. The cup was given over normally. His majesty, the great Qi emperor, personally poured and brought a cup of tea over. When I received it, both of my hands trembled a bit. This is certainly my last meal. They say that the last meal before decapitation is the tastiest. His Majesty, the Emperor, even poured tea for me. This “last meal before decapitation” is truly worth it!
📖 Chapter 4 p2 Summary (Detailed)
Following their first encounter, the tension in the palace continues as An Yi remains under close watch. The atmosphere is no longer just formal—it carries an underlying weight, as if every word and action is being carefully measured.
Emperor Feng Zhao Wen’s behavior remains unusually intense, with subtle reactions hinting at emotions he does not openly express. His attention toward An Yi feels personal, reinforcing the idea that their connection goes beyond what has been revealed so far.
Meanwhile, Yan Ping’s role becomes more complex. His presence and actions suggest that he knows more than he lets on, yet he maintains a controlled and distant demeanor, adding to the uncertainty surrounding his true intentions.
💭 Review & Analysis
This part focuses heavily on emotional tension and unspoken meaning. Rather than relying on major events, it builds suspense through subtle expressions, pauses, and character interactions.
An Yi continues to stand out with her composure, showing strength even in an unfamiliar and high-pressure environment. Her ability to remain calm adds to her presence and makes her character more compelling.
The emperor’s restrained yet intense reactions remain the highlight, suggesting internal conflict and a deeper history that has yet to be explained.
🔍 Character Insights
- An Yi – Calm, perceptive, and emotionally steady
- Yan Ping – Reserved, controlled, and increasingly ambiguous
- Feng Zhao Wen – Composed yet emotionally conflicted
📌 Key Highlights
- The lingering tension after the first meeting
- The emperor’s subtle but meaningful reactions
- Yan Ping’s quiet yet suspicious presence
- The growing sense of an unresolved past connection
🤔 What Might Happen Next?
With tension continuing to build, the hidden connection between An Yi and the emperor is likely to surface more clearly. At the same time, Yan Ping’s true intentions may soon be revealed, potentially complicating the situation even further.
0 Comments